Thanks to Mark’s post in Facebook. I would like to share some interesting points from 50 Life Secrets and Tips.
1. Memorize something everyday. Not only will this leave your brain sharp and your memory functioning, you will also have a huge library of quotes to bust out at any moment. Poetry, sayings and philosophies are your best options.
- I may not be able to memorize something every day, but I know I have a good record of things I would like to remember. This is in response to my poor memory and paranoia that I may forget many things in the future. I always have this image that one day, my grand kids will be able to see some documentation of my past. (hahahaha!)
2. Constantly try to reduce your attachment to possessions. Those who are heavy-set with material desires will have a lot of trouble when their things are taken away from them or lost. Possessions do end up owning you, not the other way around. Become a person of minimal needs and you will be much more content.
3. Develop an endless curiosity about this world. Become an explorer and view the world as your jungle. Stop and observe all of the little things as completely unique events. Try new things. Get out of your comfort zone and try to experience as many different environments and sensations as possible. This world has so much to offer, so why not take advantage of it?
- I am very thankful that I have this drive to learn and explore. I find learning about different cultures so fascinating. It excites me to know that there is unity in similarities and dissimilarities with people. I may not be as spontaneous as some people but I try my best to try new things once in a while. I don’t want to miss out on the good stuff! Force me to try something new!