This is a continuation of a previous post. It’s a good list of 50 tips but I’m only quoting some.
7. Even more specifically, live in THIS moment. Even 10 minutes ago is the past. If you live purely in this moment you will always be happy because there is nothing wrong in this split-second.
- I know I always keep myself busy but I make sure I do the things I love in between, whether it be talking to someone, reading something great or entertaining or sharing something through my blog. I believe that we have to keep a balance between living in this moment, learning from the past, and planning and looking forward to the future.
8. Smile more often. Whenever you get a grin on your face, your brain is releasing serotonin, the happy hormone. Smiling is the natural way to force yourself to be happy. Just remember that while happiness leads to smiles, smiles also lead to happiness.
- Happiness and smiles are contagious! Doesn’t it lighten your day when you are able to talk to people who are happy? To smiling more!
9. Drink water. Hydration is tremendously important for overall health. It may taste plain at first if you’re coming off of a heavy soda-drinking streak, but you’ll soon find yourself addicted to it.
- I need to work on this. Mr. Go always reminds me to drink water. Arigato gozaimasu!
10. Think positive thoughts.When you find yourself thinking a negative thought, stop it immediately by any means necessary. Slap yourself in the face, yell something positive at the top of your lungs or jump up and down.
- If you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything at all! I think I got this from an old cartoon, Bambi. (haha!) As a listener, I get drained listening to negative thoughts all the time. Let’s stick to more positive thoughts, ok?
14. Help others.
- It’s the least we can do for all the blessings we have received in life. Life is good!
22. Travel. Anyone who has ever gone anywhere will tell you that traveling is one of the most exciting and life-changing activities that you can do. Observing a different culture will expand your mind while making you further appreciate the life you already live.
- I cannot agree more! Any exposure to a different culture always makes it to the top of the list of my most memorable experiences! Learn and experience more!
32. Learn to control your emotions.The only person that can make you unhappy is you!
- Think before you say anything especially when you’re angry. If it will help to do something unrelated to your problem, go ahead! If it will help to sleep, then sleep it off! You don’t want to regret saying things that may hurt others unnecessarily.
41. Keep your brain sharp.The point is you need to be learning new things to keep your brain honest. Form new synapses by forcing your mind to work in ways it has not worked before. Just like physical workouts, doing too much of the same exercise will eventually give no results. Switch it up!
- Maybe I should force myself to try paintball even at least once. Noooooo! I’d rather watch and laugh! The dilemma!
44. Choose your friends wisely.You are affected far more than you think by the people you spend your time with. Make sure the people around you are conducive to the lifestyle you want to lead or you will find yourself being dragged again and again into behavior that distances you from your desires. Friends with a habit of producing negative thoughts will especially hinder you.
- Surround yourself with the people you want to be. Remember that you cannot please everyone. Be yourself. Be the best person you can be!
50. Love is all there is. Love your friends, family and enemies alike. This is the most difficult thing to do out of this entire list, which is why it is listed at #50. But if you accomplish this, you will be seen as a leader among everyone that allows hate, envy, disgust and all other negative emotions into their lives. Think Gandhi. Love is so rare in this world when compared to the massive presence of hate that by exuding love, you will immediately see yourself and the people around you change. Love. Love. Love.
- I love you all even if you don’t like this blog entry! (hahaha!)