I got inspired by this post from buzzfeed.com about signs that show you were a dancer when you were a kid. I’m quoting some from the article but I’m making my personal list too that would be more inclined to my ballet memories of 11 years.
1. You cut holes in all your regular tights to make them convertible.
2. There’s a photo like this hanging somewhere in your parents’ house.
3. You know there’s really nothing hotter than a guy in tights.
4. You know how to break in pointe shoes, and you know that it’s spelled “POINTE.”
5. You recognize all of these designer names.
6. This doesn’t seem like a silly photo to you.
7. Working in groups is a skill you’ve absolutely mastered.
8. And even though you’re ancient by dancer standards now, you still fantasize about being a ballerina someday.
9. It’s totally normal to put tape or anything else to ease the pain between the toes for pointe shoe protection.
10. You endlessly look at your form when you see a mirror especially when no one is looking.
11. You take pride in any degree of flexibility you have left.
12. You have your jump poses other people cannot do.
13. You’ve grown used to the smell of feet of dancers after class.
14. You’ve had your share of bruises so it’s nothing new.
That’s all I can come up with right now. 🙂
© 2013 Dolce Vita. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. (marieltan.wordpress.com)