Thanks to allrecipes.com for the recipe! This was yummy!!
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 150g pork shoulder, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bel pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 andouille sausage, diced
- 200g chicken livers, minced
- 2 cups rice
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- In a pan or pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for about 5-7 mins or until brown, and fat has rendered.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper. Saute until translucent for about 5 mins.
- Stir in paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, oregano and thyme. Cook for about 5 mins.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in andouille sausage. Cook and stir for 2-3 mins.
- Stir in chicken livers and rice until well coated.
- Add in salt and broth. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce. Cover tightly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 25 mins without stirring or until liquid has been absorbed, and rice has started to become tender.
- Add green onions and parsley. Mix well.
- Continue cooking for 10 mins over medium-low heat or until rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
© 2021 Dolce Vita. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. (marieltan.wordpress.com)