Thanks to abeautifulplate.com for the recipe!
- 500g French green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of small lemon
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- water for blanching
- In a pot, boil enough water to cover the green beans. Season water with salt liberally. Blanch the green beans for 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally. Ensure green beans are slightly undercooked. Remove green beans from pot.
- In a pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add sliced almonds and saute for 2-3 mins or until they start to turn golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and add onions and garlic. Saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add in the blanched green beans. Saute briefly until combined.
- Add in the lemon zest and juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
© 2021 Dolce Vita. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. (marieltan.wordpress.com)