Thanks to cafedelites.com for the recipe!
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 75ml red wine
- 200g crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Fry chicken for 8-10 mins on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil in pan. Saute onion until transparent for about 3-4 mins.
- Add in garlic and saute for 30 sec.
- Add peppers, carrot and herbs. Cook for 5 mins or until vegetables start to soften.
- Pour in wine. Cook for 2 mins or until wine is reduced.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilli flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in chicken pieces and combine.
- Add in olives and simmer for 10 mins.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
© 2021 Dolce Vita. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. (marieltan.wordpress.com)